Netflix Guide: October
It’s officially the month of spooks and we are SO ready. Give us all the haunts, creepy crawlers, and crime movies/tv shows you got! The prep for halloween is real. So to get you in the spooky spirit, just like us, we are giving you every haunted view that Netflix has to offer this month. Trust us, after watching these, you will have your halloween custom locked in!
1. The Shining: The Shining is the thing of nightmares. This classic horror film is a great way to start of your halloween marathon. Plus, the number of halloween costumes you can get out if this movie is insane. *Cue the two twins staring at you down the hallway.*
2. Truth or Dare: This movie is honestly more scary than we thought it could be, just because you can’t escape it! Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars and Tyler Posey from Teen Wolf star in this scary drama that we definitely suggest checking out.
3. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: This is not the teenage witch that you grew up with, sorry Melissa Joan Hart! Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is based on the “Archie” comics of the same name, just like our beloved Riverdale, and the trailer truly gives us goosebumps.
4. American Horror Story: The show that never disappoints. Season after season, Ryan Murphy does a wonderful job of keeping us on our toes and eyes glued to the screen, and season 7 is no different. You must watch now!
5. The Good Witch: Need something a little more lighthearted? Well, The Good Witch is perfect for you. Telling the story of a mother and daughter duo who have a little magic in their bones, this show will keep you in the fall spirit all month long.
6. Penelope: A love story you didn’t know you needed. This magic filled movie is sweet and relatable, talking about self image and respect and proving that nobody needs someone else to be happy. The perfect message for any time of year.
7. Little Monsters: If you didn’t watch this spooky classic when you were little, now is your chance! Its cute and fun and definitely will leave you with a few giggles along the way.
8. Catwoman: Halle Berry rocking a cat suit while saving the city? Yup, we are down to watch that! This superhero film with a killer female lead is everything you could want and more. Plus, who wouldn’t want to be cat woman for Halloween!
9. Charmed: Looking for a binge? Well, Charmed will do just fine. The story of the 3 chosen witch sisters who were destined to protect the world? Yup, that sounds exactly like the perfect October show.
10. Supernatural: After 14 seasons, you know this show is good. Featuring two supernatural fighting brothers, this show boasts hilarious writing and great themes. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that the brothers are very genetically blessed!
Happy Haunting and Bingeing!
Written by Aubrey Rojas