Wedding season has begun and this is the time to put on your best wedding look, whether it’s a hot pink lehenga or an embellished embroidered kurta suit! But, aside from having a stunning look to wear to each one of the weddings you are attending, you will need one more thing to be ready, and that is the perfect skincare routine! That’s why we have partnered with Ranavat Botanics, a luxury skincare inspired by ancient traditions, formulated with high performance botanicals, to give you the best guide to to how to prep your skin for wedding season. Here are the best tips for keeping yourself feeling and looking fresh and fabulous.
- Protect your skin
- Not only a rule before your big day, but glowing skin first starts with prevention. Wear a hat and a sunscreen every single day (even when its cloudy outside) to protect your skin against the harmful rays of the sun. Look for Zinc Oxide based sunscreens and with an SPF of at least 30.
- Hydrate: fine lines can start to surface when your skin is parched. Keeping your body hydrated isn’t just good for overall health, it helps keep our skin plump and will keep those toxins flushed out!
- Masque and Treat!
- Using a good masque treatment 1-2x/ week can help lightly exfoliate, calm inflammation and keep your skin healthy and glowy. Look out for ingredients such as turmeric to calm inflammation, saffron, sandalwood, orange peel and licorice root powders to brighten, and fuller’s earth clay to even complexion, remove impurities and remove excess oil. The Ranavat Botanics Flawless Veil uses all these incredible ingredients with the addition of pure New Zealand manuka honey. Using honey keeps the skin ultra hydrated while all the incredible botanicals go to work to brighten and even your complexion. Be careful to use a powder formula, as the active ingredients will be much more fresh and effective compared to the ready-made masques. The earlier you start this process the better, but results can be seen as early as 4 weeks.
- Serum! A really great serum for you skin type is critical to help clear skin and keep dryness at bay. The oil you choose will depend on your skin type, but Hazelnut is great for Oily Skin, Jojoba for combination and Black Cumin Seed or Tamanu for dry skin.
- Cleanse at night
- One of the best things to do for your skin is to clean it at night. As we sleep there is bacteria and sweat buildup that occur which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Even if you skip your wash in the morning, be sure to cleanse at night.
And just like that, you are on your way to perfect skin! Head over to Ranavat Botanics and pick up the Flawless Veil to help with your skin care routine and be ready to take on any wedding all season long.